Project Manager/Estimator – Controls
Our client is a well known and respected Contractor in the areas of Project management & Design skills across all their divisions including Security, Data Networks, Automated Controls and Electrical Preventative Maintenance.
Who we want to join our team:
Currently, we are seeking an experience and driven Project Manager/Estimator to join our growing Controls division, located in Burnaby.
Reporting to the Division Manager, the PM/Estimator is responsible for the original estimate to win the job, and for project planning, staffing, implementing, billing, controlling and evaluating each project.
- Prepare & Review a monthly Activity/Status report with the Division Manager
- Estimate project costs, and submit tenders
- Estimate changes
- Be able to select correct product components for BMS/Access estimating purposes
- Plan, organize, and manage projects
- Work with our Key Service Customers in a proactive way to develop new business opportunities
- Maintain detailed records
- Provide direction/control to the Design/Tech Engineers & Foreman/Electrician’s staff
- Review & approve documents as detailed in our Operations Manual
- Maintain Quality Controls Standards in the field/office
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years proven project management and estimating experience
- Qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineer or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems
- Knowledge of Control System Design
- Knowledge of Electrical Control system wiring
- Ability to read system prints
- Ability to manage people
- Able to liaise with customers & contractors in the performance of his/her duties
- Well organized and a team player
You have a ‘can do’ natural right attitude and are always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Our client offers an exciting, enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits package and many company sponsored events.