Building Controls – Systems Programmer
Our client is a well known and respected Contractor, experts in Project management & Design skills across all of our divisions including Security, Data Networks, Automated Controls and Electrical Preventative Maintenance.
Who we want to join our team:
Currently, we are seeking a Systems Programmer to join our Controls division. This position reports to the Design Manager, Controls and is flexible to a home base location (Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, Kamloops, Kelowna or Prince George) as it can remotely assist our Controls teams in all branches.
This position is involved in Building control system implementation and provides programming support to the Controls team.
Tasks include, but are not limited to Programming of Building Automation Systems (BAS) for new and renovated buildings, testing and commissioning of programs, writing code to optimize energy consumption, power integration, controlling lighting and occupant comfort and providing program troubleshooting, online support and technical support.
The Systems Programmer works in conjunction with the Project Manager and Electricians to complete work in a cost effective manner.
- Technical support to Controls construction crews
- Technical sales assistance
- Customer technical support and assistance
- Programming and commissioning building automation systems
- Door access system programming
- Integration of various systems such as chillers, boilers, and lighting panels
- Data acquisition
- Training building operators
- Mentoring junior programmers if/as applicable
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls programming role
- Certified Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technologist or qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering an asset
- Training on Schneider Electric and Reliable Controls product line an asset
- Experience in Controls engineering and field installation/construction an asset
- Experience in the bid/spec construction and submittal process, LEED commissioning, retro-commissioning experience an asset
- Well organized, team player, strong interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to speak, read and write English fluently, flexible and able to multi-task in a changing, fast-paced environment
You have a ‘can do’ natural right attitude and are always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. offering an exciting, enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits package and many company sponsored events.