Supply Chain Manager
Our client is a well-funded start-up with lots of attention coming their way very soon,
In this role, the chosen candidate will be responsible for managing a wide range of operational and supply chain activities including: selection and management of contract manufacturers for system level builds, establishing supply chains for critical mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies, analyzing and negotiating costs for such sub assemblies, and providing first level review of quality and engineering issues.
This position will require a modest level of travel to South East Asia.
- Operational program management for Company X outsourced products; develop and drive continuous improvement of the business relationship with Company X CM partners
- Lead cost reduction efforts and implement manufacturing process and supply chain process improvements to ensure Company X COGS and product margin targets are achieved
- Actively manage operational metrics with the CM and sub-assembly manufacturers relative to: cost, build plan attainment, order cycle time velocity, inventory management, and on-time delivery
- Negotiate all aspects of complex contracts with CM and sub-assembly manufacturers.
- Experience in B to C Fulfilment and Downstream, 3PL
- Possess the technical knowledge to work through production readiness and mass production ramp issues that may require review of tooling, fixturing, secondary operations, and manufacturing processes
- Work closely with Company X’s Engineering and Program Management during the new product development phases
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of operations, procurement and program management
- Assertive in driving key operational objectives with internal and external groups
- Experience working with OEM / contract manufacturing companies
- Experience in guiding high volume consumer electronics products from development into mass production for operations activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Process driven and analytical
- Educational requirements: Engineering BS degree
- 5 -10 years of experience in manufacturing and supply chain management.
- Base salary with company options