Position Title: Health and Safety Officer/HR Supervisor
Location: Surrey BC
This position is for responsible for the on going development and enhancement of the plant’s Occupational Health and Safety Program. This involves implementing the approved health and safety initiatives to maintain compliance with OH&S legislation. Performing inspections of the facility and equipment identify potential hazards and recommend preventative measures. Investigate accidents and work-related illnesses. As well, support the facility in general health.
- Responsible for management of day-to-day management of the health & safety issues within the plant and WCB claims.
- Prepare and submit WCB forms to WorkSafe BC, monitor claims
- Coordinate the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Coordinate monthly first aid meetings
- Implement and oversee safety programs
- Identification of hazardous conditions and practices, including Lockout/Tagout procedures, risk assessments and development of recommendation
- Ensuring the quality of accident investigations and the completion of documentation
- Arrange and coordinate return-to-work and modified duties for employees.
- Maintain/update Job Safety Analysis and preparation of safe work practices.
- Provide support, advice and guidance with respect to all health and safety activities.
- Produces reports and statistical information as required
- Work closely with management to ensure all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to as required by legislation
- Assist with new employee orientation and safety training
- Oversea and assist HR administrator as required
- Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the administration of policies and legislative compliance
- Experience in safety or a related field preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in an accredited Occupational Health and Safety certification program
- CRSP designation an asset
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation combined with training in hazard recognition, assessment and control
- Knowledge of Return To Work and modified work programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work with union and management personnel in a collaborative environment
- Self starting proactive individual who can work well independently and in a team environment
- Transparency in dealing with others, high level of integrity and work ethic
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
Contact: Terry Craig at Verge Careers email@example.com