We are searching for an amazing Software Developer for a great new Vancouver Start-up.
Software Development Engineers with experience in Caching, Big data and developing large scale software systems.
Our client is building new software that will take the internet connectivity beyond its current borders and limitations.
Delivering products and services that improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network.
Developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer Wifi to their
customers but which have limited bandwidth.
You should be somebody who enjoys solving problems and that is customer-centric. You should be passionate not only about learning new technologies, but also about running systems and software in the real world.
You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility, be a team player and a self-starter.
This company offers the opportunity to obtain hands on experience with storage, networking, analytics, and cloud technologies.
As part of the development team you will have the opportunity to design
and implement solutions to solve challenging problems in a startup environment; working with accomplished engineers and a leadership team with a proven track history of success.
Be very hands-on; work as part of the engineering team on day-to-day development activities and implementation tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer excited by
the possibilities of cloud scale software, with a passion for networking and/or big data solutions.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum 5-years experience developing large scale software systems
• Proficiency developing in dynamic object-oriented programming languages (C, C++,
Python, Java, Go)
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design
• Experience in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Hands on experience working in a Linux environment
Proven experience in developing large scale applications using:
• Cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack)
• Configuration/container management (Chef, Puppet, Mesos, Kubernetes)
• Big data analytics and advanced analytics (Hadoop, HBase, Spark, YARN)
• Network switching and routing technologies
• Network drivers; including experience with DPDK
• Experience with tiered storage solutions
• Database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ)