Sr. Software Engineer – Cloud Scale Software/ Big Data Solutions
Our client is looking for talented, results-driven Software Development Engineers to join their new team.
The company is a funded start-up with customers already in the waiting, the team is made up of established and proven professionals with experience from some of the top tech companies locally and internationally.
The team is highly motivated team, dedicated to delivering products and services that improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network.
They are developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer Wi Fi to their customers but which have limited bandwidth.
You should be somebody who enjoys solving problems and that is customer-centric.
You should be passionate not only about learning new technologies, but also about running systems and software in the real world.
You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility, be a team player and a self-starter.
The company offers the opportunity to obtain hands on experience with storage, networking, analytics, and cloud technologies.
As part of the development team you will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions to solve challenging problems in a start-up environment; working with accomplished engineers and a leadership team with a proven track history of success.
Be very hands-on; work as part of the engineering team on day-to-day development activities and implementation tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer excited by the possibilities of cloud scale software, with a passion for networking and/or big data solutions.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum 5-years experience developing large scale software systems
• Proficiency developing in dynamic object-oriented programming languages (C, C++, Python, Java, Go)
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design
• Experience in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Hands on experience working in a Linux environment
Proven experience in developing large scale applications using:
• Cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack)
• Configuration/container management (Chef, Puppet, Mesos, Kubernetes)
• Big data analytics and advanced analytics (Hadoop, HBase, Spark, YARN)
• Network switching and routing technologies
• Network drivers; including experience with DPDK
• Experience with tiered storage solutions
• Database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ)
Will be a combination of base salary and stock options, opportunity negotiate salary/stock options based on experience level