Digital Media Buyer Planner
Be a part of a fun and ever evolving industry, our client is well known and well respected Media Advertising Agency here in Vancouver and we are looking for new digital media talent.
The culture is driven by curiosity, combined with passion for the work and a hardwired need to deliver. “We always deliver what we promise, and push ourselves to go beyond”
The right person for the role is responsible for ensuring that digital media planning and buying is executed in an efficient, cost effective manner to maximize value to the client.
Working alongside the planning lead, the digital buyer/planner will be responsible in aiding in planning as well as executing the digital media for their assigned accounts.
Executing will include booking media, compiling traffic documents, working with our third party ad server to traffic creative, maintenance of the digital campaigns, including setting up and optimizing campaigns within our in-house DSPs, and regular reporting.
This role will report to the team lead as well as the Associated Director
This person will be an analytical, organized, detail-oriented team player with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
The successful candidate should have previous digital experience working in an advertising agency or on a digital team on client-side.
Previous experience optimizing and managing campaigns within an in-house DSP is preferred, but not required as training will be provided.
It is expected that the Buyer/Planner will stay up to date on industry trends and share their point of view with the larger team.
Excitement and passion about digital media – mandatory!!
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS
Knowledge / Skills
- 2 – 4 years of experience at a media agency or marketing team working within the digital media ecosystem and working closely with team members on campaign planning and execution.
- Understanding and knowledge of:
- Ad targeting, reporting and optimization
- Performance advertising and related metrics; an understanding of the major technology trends affecting the media and advertising industries
- Role of digital within the media mix and an appreciation of the attribution of different channels within that mix
- Data management and the ability to holistically view, analyse, and speak to the data ecosystem and pros of leveraging data
- Working with in-house and external vendors including third party vendors, internal DSPs and self-serve platforms
- Ability to analyze and derive insights from campaigns and recognize and anticipate patterns
- Team oriented approach but works well independently
- Critical thinker
- Excellent organization skills
- Extreme high attention to detail – bordering on obsessive
- Passionate about their role
- Not fazed by short time lines or pressure
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to anticipate next steps
- Good interpersonal skills
- Common sense
- Reliable, dependable, punctual
- Continuous learning attitude
- Sense of humour as well as an appreciation for dogs, live music and sports is always a plus.
SUMMARY JOB DUTIES
- Aide in planning as well as executing and managing digital campaigns;
- Digital reporting, data entry, media supplier invoice reconciliations
- Collaborate with team members to ensure consistent performance, communication and support levels for clients;
- Maintain expertise in digital media buying, reporting and data management.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Fit with overall company culture
- Gets the job done
- Active team member
Key Relationships: Strategic Services, Creative, Production and Finance departments
Clients – phone / in person and Vendors