HVAC Account Manager – Controls
As an Account Manager Controls, you will be responsible for working with building owners to increase controls systems and hardware sales while developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration / customer retention.
You will also be the subject matter expert in controls to support work or act as the Controls Account Manager with contractors and consulting engineer/architect accounts.
- Converting leads into opportunities by assigning appropriate sales process, identifying appropriate contact within customer’s organization, identifying required sales team members, making assignments, and communicating next steps in process
- Developing relationships with multiple buying influences in customer’s organization, including executive level customers, facility managers, project managers, project engineers, construction and purchasing
- Gathering and validating preliminary information and performing facility walk-throughs / construction plan reviews
- Determining project needs, constraints, & responsibility to meet customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements
- Developing, evaluating, and discussing possible solutions with customers
- Developing project fulfillment schedule with project team
- Selecting, pricing, and integrating equipment, controls, and services for each project
- Preparing, finalizing & reviewing preliminary proposal, and validating the preliminary offering with customer. Determining proposal price & selling strategy
- Preparing and reviewing contract terms & conditions using standard company contract templates as applicable. Presenting the proposal and negotiating price, terms, and conditions with customer
- Formal education in engineering, business or related field with 4-10 years of Sales Engineering / Account Management experience, with specific expertise in HVAC Controls and Building Automation systems / solutions.
- Must have a strong technical understanding of HVAC systems with the ability to write control specifications for engineering customers
- Must have strong presentation skills and demonstrated experience pricing systems for customers
- A proven track record of technical sales success