ENGINEERING SALES REPRESENTATIVE – MECHANICAL DIVISION
The function of the Engineering Sales Representative is to provide support and promote all the manufacturers that we represent to the Engineers, Architects and owners in our market.
The following are principal duties of the Engineering Sales Representative.
- Service the engineering community in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the division sales representatives with any communication requirements to the Engineers. (Specification issues, product performance, qualify a competitor’s product, etc.)
- Handle all equal requests to Engineers for all WCA Bid & Spec projects.
- Proactively self-educate through reading and asking questions.
- Attend supplier supported training when required. This could be in house or at the suppliers facilities. There may be limited travel involved.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 visits per week to different engineering firms are expected. The engineering sales representatives need to have a presence in the engineering community.
- The larger engineering firms (10 or more Mechanical Engineers) need to be visited a few times each month. The medium size firms (5 to 9 Mechanical Engineers) need to be visited a minimum once a month.
- The smaller engineering firms (4 or less Mechanical Engineers) we to be visit every few months. These are just minimum requirements but the more an engineering sales representative is in an engineer’s office the more successful we will be.
- Organize new product blitz’s with all the engineer firms in our market. This will be done over a 2 month period.
- Initially the manufacturer’s representative would come for a week to do training sessions with the larger firms and then our engineering sales representative would complete the blitz by presenting to each medium and small engineering firm.
- The mechanical division engineering sales representative needs to concentrate on supporting, educating themselves on and promoting the mechanical equipment we represent but we also need them to cross train on all air distribution products.
- To plan factory visits and training for different engineering firms. This needs to be done strategically and consistently.
- Be a member of ASHRAE and other engineering focused groups (Bemm, Boma, etc.) and attend monthly ASHRAE meetings.
- Organize trade shows supporting the engineering community (BOMA, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Answer incoming calls from Engineers.
- Respond to incoming e-mail’s from Engineers.
- Attend all divisional and office meetings
- Assist in all customer events as required by the outside salespeople and managers. This could be open houses, Sporting events, lunches, etc.
- Perform other duties assigned by your manager.
The engineering sales representative is responsible for ensuring that:
- All of the duties of the position are completed as per the job description
- Assisting Division Manager and/or assigned Sales Team on an as needed basis
- Engineering Sales Representatives report to the Division Manager
- At least one year sales experience or some level of customer service experience but 3 or more years would be preferred.
- Professional Engineering Degree or a Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Internet Explorer
- Understanding of how to read & interpret construction drawings
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and reliable team member
- Working Hours 8:00am – 4:30pm