Our client designs, develops and executes user-friendly building control solutions to the commercial, healthcare, education and leisure buildings industries. As industry leaders, they offer fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, Lighting and Access products across North America and the world.
Project Manager – Building Automation & Controls
This position is based in Toronto, ontario
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for directly leading, managing, and executing the supply and installation of building automation system projects and accountable for full implementation of a team of professionals regarding engineering design, graphic generation, programming, commissioning, and client training.
This includes strong leadership skills, financial management, time and organization management, and the ability to liaise with all levels of the client experience.
This position commands flexible working hours as per various project requirements, and working with external parties (consultants/commissioning agents, contractors, clients, etc.) to ensure project delivery.
PROJECT MANAGER Position Responsibilities:
- Participates in pre bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
- Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
- Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
- Possess strong understanding of HVAC Control Systems to accurately appraise existing BAS systems components, evaluate general site conditions, and recommend the most applicable system or technical solutions.
- Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
- Attends scheduled Operations Team meetings to review business practices, financial updates, health and safety updates, and company updates.
- Administers and manages project team for all requirements under OHS Safety Program, including COR requirements for documentation and procedures, safety talks, and training.
- Assist in lead generation with sales team on projects and generate revenue opportunities within customer base on projects.
- Manage project performance by creating and executing project work plans being actively engaged in on-site work, including installation, commissioning, and testing and providing monthly reports as required and tracking quality issues and team development.
- Manage subcontractor workflow regarding installation practices in order to comply with company guidelines and contractor management program (OHS system).
- Establish and maintain strong partnership with clients responsible for the decision making process. Actively listen, probe and identify concerns. Understand each customer’s business and demonstrate technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, and trust
Qualifications / Experience / Education:
- Associates / Engineering degree in the mechanical field.
- PMP designation would be an asset.
- Previous Project Management experience in the field of BAS and Mechanical Environments is preferred.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the entire Building Technology offering.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, technical, and financials abilities
- Working experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software.
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a complex environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients
- Experience working with other consultants and contractors, and coordination of integrated projects and building solutions.
- Knowledgeable regarding Federal and Provincial building code, ASHRAE, CSA and NFPA standards
• Display strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize task
Contact Terry Craig: email@example.com