Our client is a construction service for residential and commercial clients who are building new structures or renovating.
The goal is to make building and renovating enjoyable as well as successful and we need team members who want to assist in our long-term goal of being our client’s construction brand for life.
Our client challenges their team to be the best at what they do.
We invite only people who love to be the best they can be, who want to engage others and think out of the box.
We are currently seeking to fill the role of full time Construction Division Carpenter.
The Construction Division Carpenter is responsible for the full range of rough and finished skilled carpentry work, including cabinetry.
This employee will be able to work from blueprints, specifications, drawings and instructions to design, build, remodel, retrofit, maintain and repair various types of facilities and structures; inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations; inspect related work by contractors; estimate cost, time and materials for carpentry projects; participate in the maintenance of tools and equipment.
Candidates must be physically fit to perform manual labour in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting (in excess of 80 lbs.).
Responsibilities & Duties:
▪ Blueprint reading, layout and planning of the day-to-day work to perform specific carpentry and site related assignments
▪ Performing standards of workmanship that meet the project’s requirements that are consistent with company standards and industry best-practice
▪ Maintain project safety standards in accordance to the company and WorkSafeBC standards
▪ Working with the team members to accomplish the work, including assisting with the teaching and mentoring of individuals that are less experienced
▪ Maintaining tools, cords and equipment so that they are kept in good working order and are safe for use
▪ Maintaining the work area(s) in a clean and orderly manner on a continuous basis
▪ Coordinating the work with the Advisor, and others that are involved in the process, and providing comprehensive updates on project progress
▪ Creating lists of materials, supplies, specialty tools and equipment (proactively) that are needed to perform the work
▪ Consistently reporting for work on time and in appropriate attire
▪ Participating in training and other forms of development to strengthen technical, safety and supervisory skills
Customer Service Requirements:
▪ Keep projects safe and clean and ensure all trades do the same
▪ Organize workflow to meet deadlines and expectations
▪ Direct and supervise workers, sub-trades and other relevant building professionals as required
▪ Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
▪ Oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project (i.e.: painting, plumbing, etc.)
▪ Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
▪ Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites
▪ Consult with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
▪ Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems
▪ Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
REPORTS TO: Advisors, Construction Operations Supervisor, President
▪ Minimum of 3-5 years of direct experience and a solid working knowledge of the specific work that is being constructed (i.e.: framing, finish carpentry, drywall etc.)
▪ The ability to read blueprints and specifications; to create material lists and to fill out time cards and other minor record keeping tasks
▪ Interpersonal competencies that include a drive for results, the need for closure, effective oral communication skills, organization, planning, trust, respect, and being dependable and cooperation
▪ Must have current and valid driver’s license with clean driving record
▪ Must have a reliable vehicle and be able to transport his own hand tools as well as company power and air tools In addition to the Core Competencies identified as being required, the following competencies are also integral to the position:
▪ Must have vast working knowledge of the building industry with a minimum of 5 years of experience
▪ Excellent command of the English language in both written and oral forms
▪ Must have a valid B.C. Driver License
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills
▪ Must be computer literate and current on new technology
▪ Must be hardworking and a problem solver
▪ Positive and upbeat attitude Other Skills and Abilities Integrity and high commitment are essential in this position. Must have superior organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as leadership experience.
Competencies: • Enthusiasm • Analytical Skills • Initiative • Flexibility/Adaptability • Problem Solving • Team Skills • Organizing/Planning
▪ Follow specific corporate policies, procedures, rules and regulations without question
▪ Educate on and enforce company brand expectations on a daily basis
▪ Find a positive, swift and cost-effective solution to all problematic situations and daily hurdles
▪ Fast learner Qualities
▪ Team Player and Strong Leader
▪ Passion for Construction
▪ Excellent communicator
▪ Honest and straight forward
▪ Quick thinker
▪ Fast mover
▪ Extremely hard working with self-driven