Controls Sales Leader
This position functions as a Sales leader in the GTA for the Building Automation Systems (“BAS”) revenue stream. Responsible for managing the controls sales business through sales funnel management.
The sales funnel should be consistently built and managed to meet backlog requirements to support revenue and OI needs. Also responsible for developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with building owners, consulting engineers, and contractor accounts.
Sales constitutes all the processes and functions required for obtaining inside/outside sales and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related degree from four-year College or University; and five (5) years related of controls experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is responsible for the BAS stream’s booking, backlog, and Gross Margin targets.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions/roles may be assigned.
- Overall responsibility for the following functions: customer and GTA Controls Account Manager sales management, new customer acquisition, customer satisfaction measurement, price management, marketing, maximizing account penetration, market penetration, and customer retention.
- Responsible for achieving annual objectives regarding profit, volume, business mix, and share.
- Monitor, measure, and modify process and process measurements to effectively and efficiently meet customer needs.
- Responsible for determining ancillary product needs/relationships that complement company core products.
- Fully accountable for the sales funnel pipeline management with Account Managers and Account Team Leaders to ensure that there are a sufficient amount of opportunities in their sales pipeline to meet sales goals. Develop action plans, and countermeasures to meet sales goals
- Required to work with Account Managers to establish required skill sets, talents, and capabilities.
- Assembles teams and interacts with Account Managers with differing business development requirements, customer focus, experience, sales cycles, and product portfolios.
- Ensures compliance with company Limits of Authority, proposal standards, and order acknowledgement process.
- Required to interact with the Operations Manager to ensure smooth hand off of projects to the Project Fulfillment processes and drives the pre-bid validation process.
- Conducts performance appraisals in concert with Account Team Leaders to identify developmental needs, validate performance versus goals and objectives, and recommend promotions, training, and disciplinary actions.
- Establishes sales compensation plans within company guidelines.
- Manages on going performance by monitoring and coaching Account Managers’ effectiveness and efficiency in relation to project attainments, customer service, customer relationship development, and business profitability.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and sales team as needed.
- Responsible for internal communications flow to Account Managers.
- Leads the development and the execution of the sales business plan.
- Responsible for sales manpower planning
- Responsible for modeling and reinforcing the business’ vision, mission, business values and people values.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the sales process.
Directly supervises sales personnel.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and mentoring employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.