Sanitation – Manager/Supervisor – Meat Processing Unit- Night Shift
A Progressive Food Processing Plant is seeking a motivated and experienced Sanitation Supervisor (FULL TIME POSITION) to join our production team. If you have the following education, training or experience, we want to hear from you:
Under limited supervision, the Sanitation Supervisor is required to ensure that Sanitation standards and its implementation process meet the established food quality and safety standards, ensuring that Sanitation guidelines are followed effectively and safely.
Taking responsibility & making sure that the workers follow the guidelines related to GMP and HACCP.
Working closely with Plant Production & QC team, Sanitation Supervisor is also responsible to train and supervise the crew to provide quick response to management requests related to microbial testing results, and Pre-operational inspection.
Performs and assists on other Sanitation duties as required. Complete tasks at the request of the Plant Manager.
Job Functions /Responsibilities:
- Supervise and train crews, including planning manpower and work organization, managing absenteeism and conflict.
- Administer appropriate discipline, providing leadership guidance and continually develop employees in accordance with the needs of the department.
- Track, maintain and order chemicals and other supplies needed for effective sanitation.
- Participate in customer and CFIA audits, and take corrective actions to ensure compliance to all quality assurance food safety requirements on a regular and daily basis.
- Supervise the quality of the work environment, while maintaining safety.
- Manage all sanitation procedures and crew activities to produce results that meet or exceed accepted quality, efficiency and safety standards, including maintaining CFIA ratings by meeting or exceeding CFIA regulations requirement for equipment and plant sanitation.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy in all areas of operation.
- Liaise with other departments on sanitation concerns and maintain strong relationships within and outside the organization.
- Conduct monthly meeting with sanitation crew and report back to Plant Manager.
- Complete daily checks and paperwork to ensure compliance with company policy, HACCP, and CFIA regulations.
- Participate in training programs for relevant food safety & HACCP procedures, product quality requirements, equipment & process technology.
- Participate in JHSC initiatives and follow established policies as outlined in the Health and Safety policies.
- Supports the development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of all Quality Systems.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Flexible & open to work Night shifts, Weekend and Overtime work as required;
- High School Graduate with Technical Certificate preferred.
- Have 2-5 years related experience.
- Able to perform heavy, physical work.
- Mobile equipment’s ( Class I- V) tickets preferred
- Experience in a Meat/Beef/ Food Processing Plant an asset.
- High Proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience with HACCP, food safety and WHMIS.
- Be able to work independently, as well as being a strong team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure.
The benefits that will be offered will include:
- Generous benefits and compensation package offered.
- Work for Premier Company with a progressive growth strategy & excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Secure and rewarding working environment
Contact: Terry Craig at Verge Careers – firstname.lastname@example.org