A Progressive Food Processing Plant is seeking a motivated and experienced Production Supervisor (FULL TIME POSITION) to join our production team. If you have the following education, training or experience, we want to hear from you.
Under limited supervision, required to manage the department and production process, plan, control, monitor and troubleshoot the department work. Ability to perform and deliver production targets, ability to train, develop employees, maintain safe and healthy work environment. Provide assistance to the Plant Manager and other department managers as required and work closely with Plant Production team to provide quick response to production requests.
Job Functions /Responsibilities
- Essential Functions: Complies with the company safety, CFIA and other regulations, requirements in performing the following but not limited to;
- Supervise, co ordinate and schedule department work to employees.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Prepare and execute plans to address changes to product mix, seasonal fluctuation to volume, production flow and capacities.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of the weekly indicator reports and period objectives.
- Ensure the productivity and safety of the employees and of the products.
- Develop, direct, manage, train and motivate employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching and disciplining employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Work closely with Plant Manager, QC, Production, Sanitation and Maintenance departments
- Review previous days run sheets to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain healthy relationship with customers, vendors, CFIA inspectors and management.
- Ensure that all Federal/Provincial Food Regulations, HACCP, GMP, Quality Assurance requirements and Sanitation procedures are correctly and completely documented, implemented, updated, maintained and adhered to at all times.
- Maintain accurate date reports and information pertaining to department.
- Make critical decisions based on the data collected.
- Performs and assists on other production/department duties as required.
- Work closely with employees, other Managers and Senior Management.
- Completes tasks at the request of Production and/or Plant Manager.
- Maintains prompt and courteous response to production team requests within the guidelines set forth by Sunwest Food Processors Ltd.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Possession of Diploma or post-secondary education with Technical Certificate preferred.
- Have 1 to 3 years related experience.
- Experience in a meat processing an asset.
- Be success-driven and have a “can do” attitude.
- Be able to work independently, as well as being a strong team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a good attendance and safety record.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to take up additional duties and cross-train.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Attractive Wages commensurate with experience.
- Work for a premier Company with progressive growth Strategy.
- Excellent opportunity for personal and professional development.
- Secure & Rewarding working environment.
If interested in this job opportunity, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of this posting in the subject line.
Only those that are selected will be contacted by our office
Thank you from Verge Careers.